Sunday, October 11, 2009

A funny wake-up call on a weekend

"Hi, can we know if there are any tickets available for the Cog Rail?" - thundered a voice on the phone. I was a little confused in the beginning. I knew who it was but quite stunned with the formal tone and sense of authority in the voice. I responded calmly - "Can you please hang on for a moment while I pull the details?". "Sure", went the reply.

I cannot have customers wait ;-) I quickly grabbed my Macbook and logged onto google. Searched for Cog rail. Got onto their webpage and saw only 2 PM tickets were available. I continued on the phone, "2 PM tickets are available..!" The voice at the other end went, "Okay, thank you. 2 PM would be pretty late for us though".

The caller was about to hang-up when I yelled on the phone, "டேய் கார்த்தி.. என்னடா பண்ணிட்டு இருக்க?" It was a long pause. Then came a response, "ஒ நான் உன் நம்பர் அ டயல் பண்ணிண்டன்ன.. ச.. சரி விடு.." We were laughing. I thought my friend was making a ploy.. he has genuinely called me in lieu of Cog rail :-) A funny wake-up call on a weekend..!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Checked the ticket status and replied him.... Good. Nee romba nallavan da.

Karthi sooper.

Arun said...

LOL!!

Unknown said...

You could have asked for his credit card number and harassed him.

Unknown said...

Jith ithu rommba over.. I think i would have given if he had asked.

Ravi,
I expected a lot on this da.. This is very short.. I thought it will be a huge essay. You disappointed me..

sarenya said...

ha... ha... ha....a good way to start the weekend

Ravi said...

Ram : Aiyo.. enna romba nallavanu sollitiyae..!

Jithesh: Ha ha.. a good idea..!

Karthick: Sorry that it was disappointing.. but the way you have put the comment looks like it was something pre-planned between us as to you would make this call and I would write - which is definitely not the case.. lolz..

Sarenya: Yes - it was a funny start for the weekend..!

Kapisthalam said...

Lol! :)