Sunday, June 9, 2019

Grand River Canoeing

Canoeing at Grand River
==================
“A stolen boat ride” - remember I did,
Rented a canoe to experience the bliss!
Enjoying Grand river is what we went for,
Hearing it’s too shallow for anyone to fall!

Hey! we are different, as testimony would stand,
With a hit on a rock, capsizing our plans!
My paddle just floated along with my thoughts,
When my knees just scraped, against hard rock!

The canoe got full and a bucket it became,
Getting harder to move, to any safe lane!
My cellphone did work, and I looked up above,
To thank good heavens that it retained its charge!
I called to the office and pat came reply,
“Empty the canoe, just do it - don’t standby!”

We pushed a little harder and got it to the shore,
Only to murmur, “It’s the wrong side, oh no!!”
We tilted it gathering all might that we could,
But water just gushed in and stayed where it stood!

At last we had some help that arrived,
To take us back in, but to the roadside.
We drove down a bridge we should have been underneath,
Does it matter anymore?
Doesn’t seem like, I think!

No comments: