Monday, May 4, 2009

Making a record with movies..!!

It should have been at least more than one and a half to two years by now and none of my ramblings are out yet on the blogspot. Decided to post one today..!!

I am not sure if I should really be thanking my roommate or cursing him for literally getting me into the path which would ultimately make me bear the title of a movie buff - something which I have consciously not got into until now..!

For the record, it has been something like a 20 movies in a span of 12 months for me. And believe me, that is a VERY VERY HUGE number by my standards. Add to it the ability of recognizing a Kate,Diaz or Ridley Scott..!!

Well, I have been fortunate enough to be getting only the best of the movies recommended for watching. I don't intend listing out the set of movies that I had managed to see, however, I wouldn't be able to do enough justice to the quality of recommendations if I do not list down a few of them.

Shawshank Redemption sounded so philosophical and moving. It had all the elements of a philosophical movie minus the boredom :) The dialogues are simply awesome.

Juno is another movie which was more oriented towards a social message of teenaged pregnancy. The very way it was depicted and carried through would definitely remain right through anyone who watches it.

The Holiday was something on a lighter vein. It was certainly a neat family story line, with the details spreading across into two different continents.

As good as it gets can only be what the name suggested - as good as it gets.! I would remember the actor more as Melvin Udall than his original name for more time to come..!!

The quantum of solace was the only bond movie that I saw and I must admit I am not a particularly big fan of bond movies. So, when I told my friend that the movie wasn't along expected lines for me, pat came his response "What was your expectation from a bond movie? :)"

I loved the 8 Mile for the kind of instant on the go rap. Eminem has always been a favourite of mine - especially with his one shot one opportunity.

Looking forward to post more of my rambles shortly.

3 comments:

KK said...

20 movies in 12 months do not make u a movie buff no matter what u say...there was a time when I used to watch 50 movies just on theatre a year...

Ravi said...

Thanks for dropping by KK. That is my whole point KK... For my standards, 20 movies an year is a way huge count and I feel it is already putting me on the path to be a movie buff..!!

Dinesh said...

well lucky you got somebody to filter the whole bunch and recommend those suite you. BTW, were you mentioning me... :)