Monday, August 31, 2009

Between You and Me - II

*****
One of our friends in our group decided to take all of us to a park nearby Manchester in Connecticut. After walking a few yards into the park, he said, "I have also not actually been to this park". We walk another 100 yards. He said, "You know, this is the place where we had our last cricket match". Another 100 yards of walking and he continues - "This is where they used to have a meet and greet kind of an event from our organization". A few more yards of walking and he was talking more about the park. We all just paused for  a moment, and said in a sarcastic tone, "I think all of us are in agreement with your statement that you have never been to this park..!!!" :-)
*****
Sometimes, truth is very funny. I was in all smile and laughter for at least a day's time for an introduction that I can hardly hope to have once more in any other place. It was a birthday party to which I had been - and with one rather insistent guest, the host didn't have any choice. She had to properly tell who I was . Which means, she had to introduce me as her "husband's uncle's daughter's brother-in-law". And out came another voice, "Say that again and you get another ice cream" :-)
*****
While I look as majestic and imposing as an elephant, my memory about the most necessary things aren't necessarily elephantine. I often prefer traveling in as light a mode as possible - often times just bothering to carry my office laptop and nothing else with me! One day, when one of my friends came visiting me, I decided to leave my office ID card on the tea table at my home so as to avoid the situation wherein I forget it and leave it elsewhere. Looks like my friend was doubly careful than myself. He had not only picked up his office ID that he got along with him, but thought he had missed his ID and took my ID card also with him when he left. The next day, the time when I was frantically searching for my ID card, he called me and said, "Ravi, I mistakenly took your card also along with my own card. I will get it posted to you shortly" That's when I thought - however careful you are, if you are destined to miss something, you miss it, whatever be the case!! :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The last one is good! Yes - people who want to be 'correct', do overthink.

Ravi said...

Jithesh: I know why you are so muted on the first one ;-)