Friday, August 28, 2009

A night to remember..!

To be afraid or not to be afraid is a very hard decision to make. In fact, it might not even be something that we think on and decide. It would definitely be more spontaneous than anything else.

This was an incident that happened tonight while I was walking down the road enjoying the changing weather condition, which sure, is slowly pulling the screen on summer and setting the scene for the fall.

There were a group of people outside a Burger King outlet. It was all dark as I think the cost cutting measures from the municipality in these grim economic conditions is ensuring that the road lights are never getting turned on ;-)

"Kill him. Kill him", went a loud thunderous voice breaking the silence. I was too stumped and scared to even turn but when I did, I saw a set of faces staring at me. My brain didn't surely pause for a minute to think and react - down went the can of olive oil, box of rice and sugar and my sandals started to transform into a horse hoof :D

After 11 long years, I just couldn't believe that I did run, more so on a steep slope, for almost a little less than half a kilometre or so. I enter near the home premises and was gasping for breath. I try hard to relax but just couldn't.

After a few minutes, my brain starts to think a little more logical. If I were the target, what's the big deal? The group of people could have pulled out their car and hunted me down in no time? They were just probably plain drunk and didn't knew what they were talking? 911 if I felt SO scared? Phew... I think the saying "growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional" seems to hold good in my case :-)

I am just hoping that the hidden horse hooves don't come onto my feet the next time something like this happens..! lolz..

3 comments:

Jasmine said...

Haha!! Hope ur adrenaline level is back to normal ;)

btw.. did you go back and get ur grocery ;) hehe

Arun said...

ROFLOL!!! If I were your size, I wouldn't bother running and take 'em face to face! :-D

Unknown said...

Good - you realized that you can be 'Bolt'indran when situations demand.
Wonder - how many such poor souls have run when we make fun of something and say something that can scare someone. Lot of 'some's. Cheers!