Monday, August 17, 2009

Childhood incidents - I

The first thing that anyone who sees me would notice about me would invariably be my size. And there is good enough a reason for it - I just don't eat food. I LOVE food. People say learn as if there is no tomorrow. I am capable of eating as if there would be no tomorrow :)

Well.. for some reason, potatoes have always been my favorite in just about any form - french fries, wedges, chips, small cut and deep fried with skin, small cut and deep fry without skin, spicy, salted, baked - whatever..!

There is a rhizome called "ginger mango" - whose botanical details is something I am not sure of. All I do know are these though:

i. when cut and spiced up, I can never distinguish between potato and ginger mango
ii. ginger mango, when you bite it, would be tasting like a cross between a ginger and a mango

So, now you must be sort of understanding where it is all leading to - one day, my mom had pickled up ginger mango. I entered the dining room. I opened the vessel containing ginger mango pickle. With my love for potatoes and wanting to take a lions share of it before my brother, i conveniently took 3/4 of it and dumped it onto my plate with curd rice. I mix up everything, place it in my mouth and chew. Oops.. it hurt badly. It was ginger mango pickle and not really potato cut finely and fried with spices as I thought it to be.

Everyone in my family had a hearty laugh about my "competitive" sense of eating with my brother.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice one.

KK said...

rotfl....u know the incident reminds me of one of the "It happened to me" which gets published in Tinkle

Ravi said...

Venkat: Thanks You..!

KK: Oh yeah.. Tinkle used to have it.. I remember :-)

ArunPrasath Vetriselvan said...

that was really funny....hope now u can distiniguish on seeing it....

sarenya said...

he he he he he.....

Childhood incident are the moments to remember and cherish...

i guess there are still more incidents to be posted .......

Unknown said...

Good One....I owe u one packet of LAYS!!!!!!! ;)

Ravi said...

Arun:

Thanks for dropping by :-) Yeah, I know I kind of try to distinguish between the two much better now. But can't say yet :-)

Sarenya:

Agree. I might probably be posting more.. Not sure enough how much of a justice I do by marking the post with a "- I" etc.. :)

Subho:

LAYS?? Get me CapeCod instead ;-)

--- said...

not eat to live but live to eat...welcome bro..

vinu shankar said...

ha ha ha

Kapisthalam said...

LOL!..Funny :)